Access to and use of this site is provided by the Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering (CIPHE) and is subject to the following terms and conditions
- By using the CIPHE websites, www.ciphe.org.uk, https://techtalk-ciphe.org.uk/ and https://smarttalk-ciphe.org.uk/ , you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms, please do not access and/or use the site.
- The CIPHE may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the CIPHE. Your continued use of the sites after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended. Users will be notified of any such changes.
Use of the CIPHE websites
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, transmit or otherwise use CIPHE Site Content in any way except for Permitted Use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Site Content except for Permitted Use. Any other use of Site Content requires the prior written permission of the CIPHE.
- You agree to use CIPHE websites only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of CIPHE sites. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- The CIPHE endeavours to ensure that CIPHE Site Content is accurate. However, Site Content is for general guidance only and is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- The CIPHE will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of CIPHE websites and the Site Contents.
- The CIPHE does not warrant that functions contained in the contents of this will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that CIPHE websites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The names, images and logos identifying the CIPHE or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the CIPHE and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the CIPHE or any other third party.
Contributions to this site
Further to paragraph 9 by submitting your contribution to CIPHE websites, you:
9.1 warrant that your contribution;
9.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the CIPHE for all the purposes specified above;
9.1.2 is not defamatory; and
9.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
9.2 agree to indemnify the CIPHE against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the CIPHE as a result of your breach of the above warranty;
9.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on this site and the purposes specified above.
Links to other sites
- CIPHE websites contain links to other related Internet sites. You might find these links useful, though as they are outside of our control, we cannot take responsibility for their content nor should links be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We have no control over linked pages’ availability. We do not endorse any other organisations, products, websites or services mentioned on our sites unless otherwise stated on the relevant pages. We cannot be held responsible for any advice or recommendations obtained from these links and anyone accessing these links from our websites does so on this understanding.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.12. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- In this agreement, unless the context otherwise requires:“Account Information” means your username and password.
“Permitted Use” means use within the business included within your current subscription to CIPHE, but does not include disclosure to persons who are not members of CIPHE.
“Site Content” means the content of all CIPHE websites, including data, information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the CIPHE and its products and services (or to third party products and services).
The CIPHE will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for any marketing without your explicit consent.
Username and Passwords
Full access to CIPHE websites requires you to use an identity, a “username”, and password (together referred to as “Account Information”). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Information and for any and all activity that occurs under your account.
The information on this website is applicable in the UK. Other countries may have different regulations. If accessing this website from outside the UK, check locally for information specific to that country.
We will not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website.
You are responsible for protecting the security and integrity of your system and data. We make no claim that this website is free from viruses or other computer or data corrupting or damaging material.